- Rest with your feet up for the remainder of the day. Place an ice bag right
over your underwear for 20-30 minutes at a time several times today to help
control swelling. Mild swelling, bruising and soreness is expected. You may
use ice tomorrow also if you like.
- Use a supporter if it helps.
- Take Ibuprofen (Advil, etc.) for pain. Use Tylenol instead if you have ulcer problems.
- Take it easy tomorrow also. You can be up and around but don't plan to be
on your feet a lot. Shower and keep your scrotum clean with soap and water.
- Keep some gauze in your underwear for a few days because the incisions
are loosely closed and may drain a little blood or serum. The stitches are not
visible and will disolve.
- Avoid strenuous physical activity and sexual intercourse for one week.
- You are not sterile yet. It takes about 8 weeks (approximately 20
ejaculations) to clear the remaining sperm cells. Continue birth control until the sperm count is zero.
- The sperm count should be done about 8 weeks after the surgery with a repeat done 4 weeks later if necessary. Follow the instructions and take a specimen to the hospital lab. The hospital lab will bill separately for this procedure. Call the office for results after a couple of days.
- Call the office for any questions or problems. A routine post op visit is not necessary.
Semen Analysis Instructions >>
[ back to top ]
This is where you can feature something special about the practice, highlight a new service, link to a news article, etc.
It's up to you. You can then add a link, such as to the services page, for them to learn more about the featured item.